Bellevue Discovery families share the joys and challenges of raising highly capable children. We want our children to thrive as loving, creative and productive people who will grow and share their gifts with the world. Families with gifted children have many questions about how to help their children thrive:
- Why does my child seem different from the other children his/her age?
- Will my child be challenged in school?
- Why does my child feel things so strongly?
- How can I help my child live up to their full potential?
- What is gifted education?
- Are “gifted” schools better than regular classrooms?
Bellevue Discovery offers Educational Consulting to our preschool families. We offer seminars that are open to the public. Our seminars are designed for parents and teachers of highly capable children ages 2 to 8. They are for adults only and registration is required. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and ask for small donations to support this community service.
Spring 2018 Parent Education Seminars at Bellevue Discovery
Learning to Read, Learning to Write
Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 7:00-8:30pm, at Bellevue Discovery
Learn about how young children grow as readers and writers, and how you can encourage that growth at home.
What is Inquiry Learning?
Saturday, April 28 2018, 2:00-4:00pm, at Bellevue Discovery
- What are the skills of Inquiry Learning?
- What are the benefits and challenges of Inquiry Learning?
- How can parents create Inquiry Learning projects for their children at home?
During the hands on workshop parents will create the framework for a Summer Inquiry Learning Project individualized for their child.
Getting Ready for School
Young Gifted Children 101
Your Child’s Temperament
Dr. Katz: Children & Anxiety
Local Gifted Programs
Alumni Parent Panel
Raising Young Gifted Children