Bellevue Discovery has begun to receive recognition at the local, state and national level as a “best practices” program for highly capable preschoolers. All of us–our trustees, preschool directors, teachers, current and alumni families, and community–play roles in building a learning environment that nurtures highly capable children. Every year, we must raise ten percent of our revenue through donations. This IRS requirement demonstrates community support for our non-profit school. Bellevue Discovery is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Matching gifts from community-minded employers are critical to our fundraising. Please contact Bellevue Discovery if we do not appear on your company’s list of approved non-profit partners.
Donations to our annual Show "Your Love campaign" bring about meaningful advancements.
- Offer more books, toys, field trips, and technology to our students
- Children’s literature library
- Art studio
- Outdoor play structure
- Compensate our teachers for work that goes above and beyond their schedules
- Miss Kasia spends her weekend preparing a rocket project
- Miss Erica researches new math games over winter break
- Mr. Jerry cleans and organizes our playground toys on a Saturday morning
- Improve our classrooms and playground
- Children’s garden
- Craft center
- Loose parts station
- Further the professional development of our staff
- Early childhood education conferences
- Gifted education conferences
- Tuition for early childhood and gifted education classes
Major donors attend a Show Your Love Celebration each spring. We make new friends, catch up with old friends, enjoy a wonderful dinner, and reflect on our mission to serve gifted children.
We invite you to Show Your Love for Bellevue Discovery!
Bellevue Discovery does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic background, family composition, gender or gender identity, nationality, physical ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status in our admission of qualified students, administration of programs, hiring, and employment. We value and celebrate diversity at Bellevue Discovery.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
|Hyon O Kim||Vice President|
Bellevue Discovery is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. The Board provides strategic leadership for sustainability and growth. Along with our Head of School, the trustees oversee our program, finances, and facilities to fulfill our mission: supporting gifted children, their families, and our community. The Board is also responsible for vetting and electing the trustees and officers. Candidates must win a majority vote for election. The trustees, typically current and alumni parents, are volunteers who serve three-year terms. Our Head of School is an ex officio, non-voting member.