We believe all children have gifts to develop and share with the world, and deserve to be challenged to grow toward their full potential.
We support creativity, independent thinking, passion for learning, kindness, respect and warm relationships with our children and the adults who care for them. By working together as teachers and parents, we nurture our children in the real-life world of preschool.
- Each child is unique and changing
- We can count on the unexpected, and those moments hold the potential for great creativity and joy
- Our children need the loving support of the entire Bellevue Discovery community to become resilient and to grow as independent learners
- Our teachers need the trust and support of our community to develop and share their talents
- Our families’ lives will enter the preschool in ways that challenge and enhance our learning
- Relationships and learning will thrive when adults and children know it is safe to make mistakes, learn and grow
We want all who walk through our door at Bellevue Discovery to know this is a place of kindness, joy and discovery!
Show Your Love for Bellevue Discovery!
Bellevue Discovery been recognized at the local, state and national level as a “best practices” program for early childhood gifted education. Our Trustees, preschool leadership team, teachers, current and alumni families, and community supporters work together to build a learning environment that nurtures highly capable young children. Every year, we must raise ten percent of our revenue through donations. This IRS requirement demonstrates community support for our non-profit school. Bellevue Discovery is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Our mission is to nurture and challenge young highly capable children through an Inquiry Learning curriculum that follows best practices in early childhood gifted education. We invite you to support our non-profit organization. Matching gifts from community-minded employers are critical to our fundraising. Please contact Bellevue Discovery if we do not appear on your company’s list of approved non-profit partners.
Donations to Bellevue Discovery allow us to:
- Build our children’s library
- Add new equipment to our outdoor play yard and supplies to our Art Studio
- Buy “teachers’ wish list” items
- For the 2018-2019 school year, our teachers’ wish list includes: new microscopes, a sensory light table, and classroom IPads
Donations also support professional development at Bellevue Discovery:
- Paying stipends to our teachers for special research and curriculum design projects
- Allow staff to visit independent gifted schools
- Pay tuition and fees for staff to take early childhood classes and attend gifted conferences
Bellevue Discovery's 2018-2019 Board of Trustees
|Sandra Tseng||Vice President|
|Hyon O Kim||Trustee|
Bellevue Discovery is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. The Board provides strategic leadership for sustainability and growth. Along with our Head of School, the trustees oversee our program, finances, and facilities to fulfill our mission: supporting highly capable young children, their families, and our preschool community. The trustees, current and alumni parents as well as community member who bring their expertise to our organization, are volunteers who serve three-year terms.